Nyeh heh heh Nyeh heh heh

NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH...

...HEH.

Elephant Ride Elephant Ride

Hey SoundGalaxy! Great job on this song. Below are some of my thoughts:

Pros: The use of pizzicato strings, low brass, and woodblock really gave the impression of a big elephant stomping around. I liked the orchestration a lot, and I felt like it was representative of the idea you were trying to get across. I also enjoyed the flute/clarinet counter-melody against the low brass as contrast.

Cons: I feel like that the reverb in this piece makes things a little muddy. I'd back off of it if possible so the low brass isn't lost so much under the pizzicato strings - especially since the low brass is an important part of this song. I do feel like the pizzicato strings lag just a tiny bit in some places, but it's only noticeable if you listen really closely (and it could be due to the reverb issue).

Great job! I can't wait to hear more,
- smartpoetic

SoundGalaxyOfficial responds:

Wow! I never thought I will get a nice review like this!
Thank you very much! :)

I'm kind of new to orchestral composing (Actually this one is the first piece that I actually was be able to finish, at least to make a short loop out of it).

I've used EWQLSO Silver and its samples are a little wet, but I will try to play with the sample release time.

So thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!, I really need every info to develop my orchestral skills too.

(By the way, I took a listen to some of your stuff, and they are just great! I want to write music like that! :) )

Have a nice day!
- Sound Galaxy

Pokémon Yellow (Remix) Pokémon Yellow (Remix)

Pros: You know, I don't listen to a lot of dubstep stuff (I'm more of orchestral composer than a DJ), so I'm going out on a limb here in terms of this review. But I really, really liked this mix. I loved the fade in, use of sound clips, and it went to unexpected (and totally awesome) places. Pokemon Yellow is one of my favorite Pokemon games, and I really enjoyed this.

Cons: One thing that I would probably work on is the ending. You did a great job with transitions into other sections, but the ending felt kind of weak comparatively to the rest of the mix. Endings are hard to write, but I think you can totally do it (as evidenced by your ability to mix transitions).

Keep up the great work!
- smartpoetic

GustavpAntonio responds:

Thank you!

§Arbiter§ - Aztec Ambition §Arbiter§ - Aztec Ambition

Where's the gold?

Dear Arbiter,

Stop writing music... that's so awesome that is. I really enjoyed this piece for many different reasons:

1) I loved the vocal choir and drum samples. Really made it feel like something from the Aztec culture, especially the background calls from the vocal part.
2) I love where song heads after 2:00. French horns and low brass seem to be your calling card, and it looks like you use them really well in this section.
3) it reminds me of treasure hunting in the first Uncharted game. That in itself says it all.

Great job! Can't wait to hear more (as always)!

Your eternally never online friend,
~Tiara (Smartpoetic)

Super Mario Galaxy Feel Bros! Super Mario Galaxy Feel Bros!

You had me at... (w/ some constructive criticism)

That fantastic trumpet solo! Totally not expecting it. :D There are some awesome things going on in this piece, but there are also some problems.

1. Some of the samples sound really dry, which cause the song to feel a little bit "beaty." I think some more mastering may fix that problem.
2. It's a little bit brass and string heavy. It would be nice to hear some more woodwinds in your orchestration of the piece.
3. There are some problems with the loop. There is too much space at the end of the loop and you have some weird feedback problems just before the loop starts again. Just trim down the space and it should cut those problems out as well.

Great job! I throughly enjoyed it!
~Smart

Princess Of the Magic Kingdom Princess Of the Magic Kingdom

Great job!

Nice mix of percussion, synths, and effects! I hope to hear more soon. :)

~Smartpoetic

Oceans Of Oil - Sonic Remix Oceans Of Oil - Sonic Remix

It's so...ironic! :D

BP should play this as they are cleaning up the massive ocean of oil they caused out in the Gulf! :D Great job! :)

~Smart

BallinFatty responds:

hahahahah they definatly should. a song entitled "oil ocean" hell, this should be their theme song.

hahah thanks again for the review, 9, and yur time in listening

Toccata Toccata

I really enjoyed this piece! :)

This piece develops gracefully under certain motives and subjects that you established at the very beginning of the piece. You utilize the expressive elements of every instruments in a way that helps the piece. (Instead of hindering it!)

I love the chromatic descending lines throughout the piece. It gives the work a classical, dark feeling. (No different from the masters of these techniques such as Beethoven or Mozart!)

The orchestration is also excellent. The dark cellos bring a brooding feeling, and the woodwinds accentuate this. Each string or woodwind section transfers from one thought to another seamlessly.

The only complaint I have is the performance itself. It sounds as though some of the instrumentalists are not listening to one another as they play. I would remind your performers next time to treat this piece as a chamber work and really pay attention to one another, as well as themselves in terms of pitch and melodic content.

Great job! I can't wait to hear more! ^_^

A Day In August (Piano) A Day In August (Piano)

Overall,

There are a lot of good things about this piece. You pay careful attention to the melody line, and it is continuously developing into full phrases and thoughts. I do have some constructive criticism however:

Your harmony is also good, but sometimes it one good chord would go to another strange/out of place chord. Also, there is a strange break in the bass harmony in the very beginning. Since you are using a lot of mixture and applied chords, any out of place rests or stops will break up the harmony and sound strange.

I like the amount of detail that you are putting into your dynamics and expression. It helps this through-composed piece flow seamlessly from one thought to another. I like the style, very jazzy, but still light and thoughtful.

Good work! I hope to hear more of your work! :)
~Smartpoetic

FFX - To Zanarkand (PianoRmx) FFX - To Zanarkand (PianoRmx)

Good, however...

However, this is not a remix; a remix involves changing the source melody/harmony in such a way to causes some sort of variation of the original theme (or instrumentation). A remix may also be in a different style (along with key) as well.

Now as far as the piece goes, you did a good job with the voicing of the melody, however, the piano sample you are using could be a little better. ;) It sounds a little dry in the recording. Also think about using more of the pedal while performing/writing this.

However, you did a good job regardless! ^_^