An awesomely fun music game! ^_^
This game rocks my proverbial socks. I love the incorporation of the disk to the music. It makes it more of a challenge to keep up with the rays of light shooting across it.
Great game and thanks for using my music in it! ^_^
Best Newgrounds Fighting Game...
Good job! I love this game!
Good Concept :)
Just work a little harder on the execution.
Now, here are some suggestions to make this good idea great. :)
1) Create a time signature box-- In other words, how many beats in the grid. Like for instance, if the user wanted 4 beats per bold grid marking (or measure) then the user should be able to select it from a list.
Common time signatures are:
4/4: 4 beats per grid marking.
3/4: 3 beats per grid marking.
2/4: 2 beats per grid marking
There are also #/8 time signatures, which counts the 8th note instead of the quarter not, but I am not sure it is possible with this type of interface.
2) Also, instead of playback settings, what about tempo settings? Since the user wants total control over what their song sounds like, why not have the user have total control over how fast the song is, either? For instance, if the user wants a tempo of 60 bpm (beats per minute), that would be the second hand on a clock.
Common tempos are:
Adagio- 70-80 bpm
Moderato- 80-100 bpm
Allegro- 110-140 bpm
Presto-140 bpm and on...
3) I actually liked some of the sampling in the BeatBox. I know from experience that sampling can be far harder than actually writing the song, so you did a good job. The only problem I found was on instruments that can have more than one note, like the string. People like to hear different pitches in songs, so change the guitar so there are different notes and varieties.
4) And the finale! Make the interface a little more attractive looking to users. The pretty, the better. ;)
Good job! I can't wait to see your first version soon! ^_^
Thanks a bunch for the comments. I'll respond to each one.
1) The uneven measures (like 4 beats on one measure, 5 on the other) were not created intentionally, but are actually there because of flash player's imprecision. Even, clean measures will be in v2.
2) You will be able to adjust the BPM in v2 to pretty much anything you want
3) Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to change the pitch dynamically in flash. But I will try to add a variety of different pitched instruments, or many different notes of the same instrument will be available
4) The graphics will be much improved. Eatmorchikin6464 will now be doing all of the art for v2 instead of just the logo and a few other things he did for v1.
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions!
This was great! :)
This was a great game! I can't wait for your next work! ^_^
Thanks for using my music in your flash! I hope it proved useful to you. :)
You, sir are the real genius here. Your music is phenominal, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
How cute! :o
This is a really fun game! I love how you can draw the dog's path out! :D
Thank you for using my music in your submission! I can't wait to see more games from you!
Actually, I can't wait to use your music again! It's great! Look at all the good reviews about the music, terrific!
Thats because I read all 3 books (and also the Hobbit) and watched the movie and commentaries enough to barf. . . Great job!
One of the greatest I have seen for actionscript. You explained everything real clearly and decisively. THANK YOU!
I did not understand any of that.
Next time you do a tutorial show step by step how to do it (like what actionscript codes you used). People learn better by seeing instead of a long, drawn out explantion.
may have been able to do that better. but it was a simple assignment for school that i just figured i'd put up
How did you get my computer to access the disk drive?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.