Jackie Jackie

A nice parallel...

To "Jerry." Great job! ^_^

There She Is!! final step There She Is!! final step

This series has meant so much to me...

Thank you so much for creating this series! I believe that this beautiful story of love between Doki and Nabi will one day change peoples' perceptions about love, not matter how different it may be.

Thank you! Your series has given me hope for a better future.

2 - The Story of Khale 2 - The Story of Khale

Very nice...

This is an interesting flash indeed. It seems as though this is a stylistic mix between the Jak and Daxter series, and strangely enough, the Boondocks! :D

I like this, keep them coming! :D

~Smart

BPO Disk BPO Disk

An awesomely fun music game! ^_^

This game rocks my proverbial socks. I love the incorporation of the disk to the music. It makes it more of a challenge to keep up with the rays of light shooting across it.

Great game and thanks for using my music in it! ^_^

Newgrounds Rumble Newgrounds Rumble

Best Newgrounds Fighting Game...

Ever.

Good job! I love this game!

~Smartpoetic

..:: BeatBox Beta ::.. ..:: BeatBox Beta ::..

Good Concept :)

Just work a little harder on the execution.

Now, here are some suggestions to make this good idea great. :)

1) Create a time signature box-- In other words, how many beats in the grid. Like for instance, if the user wanted 4 beats per bold grid marking (or measure) then the user should be able to select it from a list.

Common time signatures are:

4/4: 4 beats per grid marking.
3/4: 3 beats per grid marking.
2/4: 2 beats per grid marking

There are also #/8 time signatures, which counts the 8th note instead of the quarter not, but I am not sure it is possible with this type of interface.

2) Also, instead of playback settings, what about tempo settings? Since the user wants total control over what their song sounds like, why not have the user have total control over how fast the song is, either? For instance, if the user wants a tempo of 60 bpm (beats per minute), that would be the second hand on a clock.

Common tempos are:

Adagio- 70-80 bpm
Moderato- 80-100 bpm
Allegro- 110-140 bpm
Presto-140 bpm and on...

3) I actually liked some of the sampling in the BeatBox. I know from experience that sampling can be far harder than actually writing the song, so you did a good job. The only problem I found was on instruments that can have more than one note, like the string. People like to hear different pitches in songs, so change the guitar so there are different notes and varieties.

4) And the finale! Make the interface a little more attractive looking to users. The pretty, the better. ;)

Good job! I can't wait to see your first version soon! ^_^

jonanin responds:

Thanks a bunch for the comments. I'll respond to each one.

1) The uneven measures (like 4 beats on one measure, 5 on the other) were not created intentionally, but are actually there because of flash player's imprecision. Even, clean measures will be in v2.

2) You will be able to adjust the BPM in v2 to pretty much anything you want

3) Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to change the pitch dynamically in flash. But I will try to add a variety of different pitched instruments, or many different notes of the same instrument will be available

4) The graphics will be much improved. Eatmorchikin6464 will now be doing all of the art for v2 instead of just the logo and a few other things he did for v1.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions!

"Team Pi" Teaser "Team Pi" Teaser

OMG SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!! I can't wait! Thanks for using my music! :D I think you did a great job with the audio editing as well!

- SuperTonic64 (Tiara)

rsonbie456 responds:

Thanks so much for liking it :D It was an honor to use such a great track from you. It's top notch quality!

I'm glad you enjoyed the editing, too.
I hope to show you the short animation once it's all done :D! Time for more epicness!!!

Nyeh heh heh Nyeh heh heh

NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH...

...HEH.

Elephant Ride Elephant Ride

Hey SoundGalaxy! Great job on this song. Below are some of my thoughts:

Pros: The use of pizzicato strings, low brass, and woodblock really gave the impression of a big elephant stomping around. I liked the orchestration a lot, and I felt like it was representative of the idea you were trying to get across. I also enjoyed the flute/clarinet counter-melody against the low brass as contrast.

Cons: I feel like that the reverb in this piece makes things a little muddy. I'd back off of it if possible so the low brass isn't lost so much under the pizzicato strings - especially since the low brass is an important part of this song. I do feel like the pizzicato strings lag just a tiny bit in some places, but it's only noticeable if you listen really closely (and it could be due to the reverb issue).

Great job! I can't wait to hear more,
- smartpoetic

SoundGalaxyOfficial responds:

Wow! I never thought I will get a nice review like this!
Thank you very much! :)

I'm kind of new to orchestral composing (Actually this one is the first piece that I actually was be able to finish, at least to make a short loop out of it).

I've used EWQLSO Silver and its samples are a little wet, but I will try to play with the sample release time.

So thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!, I really need every info to develop my orchestral skills too.

(By the way, I took a listen to some of your stuff, and they are just great! I want to write music like that! :) )

Have a nice day!